The first blog in the PROJECTGREEK blog series is all about Bid Day. Bid Day is an integral part of Greek life in most Southern college towns. With members in the midst of planning recruitment, the Epting team wanted to share our secret formula – “hacks” so to speak – to Bid Day so that planning such a grand event goes even more smoothly. Enjoy y’all!
1. SAVE ME A SEAT – Encouraging chapter members to RSVP for bid day gives you a better estimate of how much food, disposables, seating, etc. you’ll need for the event. This can help save money spent on overestimated head counts.
2. IT’S RAINING BIDS – Rain or shine Bid Day must go on, right? Plan in advance with a tent from Barron’s Rental Center.
3. OUR MILKSHAKES BRING ALL THE BIDS TO THE YARD – Remember to stock up on water, sodas, and juice for your Bid Day event. Epting Events can also help plan a “virgin” cocktail bar to match any theme.
4. GOT THE MUNCHIES? – The Epting Events team can provide all your catering needs. We can help you design the best spread on Milledge Avenue. From chicken salad sandwiches to turkey wraps – we’ve go you covered.
5. SIT BACK AND RELAX – Barron’s can also help you with tables and seating – tell them Epting sent ya!
6. WE’VE GOT IT COVERED – You’ll need tablecloths for those tables. We’ve got every color imaginable in the Epting Events warehouse. Thanks to our steamer they’ll also be wrinkle free.
7. I’D SNAP THAT – Candids make for the best Instagram pictures. Why not hire someone else to capture all your memorable moments? Blane Marable Photography is one of our favorite social event photographers.
8. CENTER OF ATTENTION – Spice up your tables with a floral arrangement from the Epting Events floral department. No matter your sorority flower, we can create the perfect arrangement for your event.
9. CLASSY NOT TRASHY – Think in advance about where guests will be stashing their trash on Bid Day. If huge green cans cash with your theme, think outside of the box – wine barrels, silver tins, etc.
10. DON’T HATE, DECORATE – To get your theme to read to your audience you’ll need some decor to match. From a Vegas Casino to California Dreamin’ to The Beatles – we have props and decorations in our 25,000 square ft. warehouse to match any theme. Call the Epting Events office to schedule a tour today!
11. PUT A FORK IN IT – Don’t forget to purchase paper plates, napkins, utensils and cups. Epting Events can provide these disposables for you with your catered food items.
12. BUT FIRST, LET ME TAKE A SELFIE – Photo booths are always a hit at any event. Our friends at Athens Photo Booth have tons of props to choose from and the pictures are perfect for Big/Little reveal gifts.
13. SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN – Bid Day is all fun and games until you have to enlist old and new members to assist in clean up. Hire a clean-up crew to take the stress off of you and others. Epting Events can be your best friend in terms of set-up, serving, break-down and more!
These tips should make your Bid Day less stressful and more enjoyable for you and your new recruits. Stay tuned for our next blog post in the PROJECTGREEK series. Happy planning!